Pages

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Happy Birthday Starts Now. . .



As the end of June officially begins the “Birthday Bash” in my family
 (6 of us were born within 5 weeks), I am trying to get ahead and make some birthday cards now.  I made this one for one of the men in my life.  Sorry I don’t have a picture tutorial but I was in the creative moment, and I think it I easy enough to follow. 

The green is not part of the card :)
What I Used to Make this Card:
Kraft Cardstock Base
White Scrap covered with Tea Dyed Fabric (to see more about this fabric go here)
Globecraft & Piccolo Micro Black and Siam Silver Embossing Enamel
Adhesive Fabric Paper from DCWV, in Blue
Tim Holtz Stamp Sets; The Journey and Simple Sayings
Distress Ink in Walnut Stain

The tea dyed fabric & the original
First, I cut a piece of my tea-dyed fabric and glued it onto a scrap piece of white cardstock.  This both showed the design of the fabric and made it easier for me to trim down.  Then I embossed both the car and the truck in Micro Black, on Kraft cardstock and cut them out.  

I embossed Happy Birthday in a mix of Micro Black and Siam Silver, just to give it a different look than plain black.  I trimmed my fabric paper from DCWV; the tea dyed fabric (I rubbed the Walnut Stain Distress Ink around all of the sides), and the sentiment to fit on the card and just glued it all down. 

I have to say I am pleased with the way the DCWV fabric paper brings everything together. I was concerned about the patterns, but I like them!

Thanks for popping by! Please take a look at the Globecraft & Piccolo store; there are some new releases!!

Blessings! Christi


1 comment:

Sandy Fredrick said...

Wonderful birthday card, love the design