Pages

Sunday, May 11, 2014

A Card for Mom



  Happy Sunday everyone! leslierahye here to share with you a card celebrating Mom on this Mother's Day!
I began by creating a background for my card. On a rectangular shaped piece of Mixed Media paper, I stamped a lacy background stamp with red chalk ink and heat embossed with Gilded Rose Gold. I then stamped a script stamp in a few places and again embossed with Gilded Rose Gold. I finished stamping on the background with a harlequin stamp with was also embossed with the Gilded Rose Gold. The edges were also embossed.
Next I created the Mom letters by stamping the script with Adhesive Fluid on the square frames and embossing with the Victorian Bronze. I then edged the frames with the adhesive fluid and heat embossed Victorian Bronze. Once cooled, I rubbed red chalk ink on the frame and dry buffed with a paper towel.
The diecut letters were heat embossed with Aged Pink and layered with Ruby Red Slippers. While still molten, they were stamped with the script stamp colored with red chalk ink. The letters were edged with black alcohol marker to accent the edges of the letters. The letters were attached to the frames with foam tape. A pink burlap string was tied to the front and the letter  frames were layered across the front!
Globecraft & Piccolo Products used
  I hope you enjoyed my project! Happy Mother's Day! Thank you for stopping by today!

1 comment:

Sandy Fredrick said...

Wonderful Mother's Day card, love the background you created and the enameling on the letters.