Pages

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Christmas Parchment with Guest Designer, Emily Thubbron

Hello friends.  Welcome to Sweet Stamps Blog.  My name is Emily Thubbron from www.emsmanythoughts.blogspot.com and I am so thrilled to be a Guest Designer for the month of July.  This week here at Sweet Stamps, we are working with parchment or vellum.  I don't use alot of vellum because I am not real comfortable with it.  I tend to mess it up.  But, being that challenge is Christmas Parchment, it was definitely a challenge for me.  For my card, I chose to use the May God Bless You sentiment and the Poinsettia Corner (Large) to create this card.

To begin, I stamped the greeting and flowers with Versamark and embossed both with gold embossing powder.  I then flipped the image over and colored the green leaves with a BIC marker.  I used a Sakura Red Glitter pen to color in the Poinsettias.  The CS is SU, DCWV and Recollections.  I used two different DPs from The Paper Studio's Old World Christmas pad.  Adding a piece of ribbon from my stash and some clear gems from Queen and Co. finished off this Christmas in July card.

I sure hope y'all enjoyed this card and please join in the challenge, Christmas Parchment, here at Sweet Stamps.com.  Have a wonderful Thursday.

4 comments:

Stacey Adams, SweetStamps.com said...

Beautiful design! Love the gold embossing on the vellum!

Sandy Fredrick said...

Beautiful design, love how you used the poinsettia corners with the sentiment.

Donna K said...

Love your design, Emily! I need lots of practice in the parchment department myself! Your did a lovely job..beautiful card! TFS!

~Donna K @ Created by Donna K

Shelly Schmidt said...

Just beautiful! I love your beautiful card- Thanks for joining s this month- looking forward to seeing more of your designs!!!